The Process - Home
Loft conversions differ in many ways, however they all share a commonality in the stages they take from start to finish.
You should rest assured that you will still be able to live at your house throughout the conversion process and whilst all building work is taking place.
COLUMN WITH BACKGROUND COLOR
Throughout the whole process we will make sure to communicate with you, as frequently and thoroughly as you desire, in order to make sure that all aspects are progressing accordingly. You will have the capacity to communicate with any person appropriate to your enquiry such as; the supervisor of your allocated loft conversion team, the contracts manager in charge of quality control and also any office staff available to you. Therefore if any problems occur throughout the project, do not hesitate to get in contact and we will resolve the matter immediately.
- Here is a brief step by step guide as to what will occur throughout the Attic conversion development
- Discussions will take place with yourself and the design team to determine all requirements for your Attic conversion. This will involve discussing your own ideas, as well as the opinions of the professional team in order to plan your perfect loft conversion. You will also be able to view our gallery of past attic conversions in order to gain any further inspiration or ideas. Additionally you can speak with previous customers in order to ask any questions or gain advice before any work commences on your home
- After all specifications have been decided and met an order form will then have to be completed by yourselves and Brooks Attic Conversions together. Once this has been completed the next step is to place a deposit so that all further work can begin
- An architects will then visit your house and survey the designated areas for work and draw up the plans for the attic conversion, which could take up to 2 weeks. After the drawings are completed they will be sent to you for review and if you are happy to sign them off we can then submit them to your local council on your behalf for planning if required, and then building regulations. When the plans are approved by the council we are then ready to begin working.
- Party Wall Awards. we can supply documentation for you to issue to your adjoining neighbours. For more detailed information regarding Party Wall Awards, please contact us.
- For the actual build you should allow ( 7 to 12 days ) but depending on what sort of conversion you are having it could well be done much more quickly. The contracts manager will visit the site on a weekly basis to check on progress and to ensure everything is being completed to our high standard.
- The manager will do one final check on your conversion before we arrange for council or a certified private contractor to assess your new loft and give you a three completion certificates, 1st Compliance of Building regulations 2nd Compliance of planing regulations 3rd Part P certificate to show that your loft conversion meets all the current electrical regulations. You are now free to enjoy your luxurious new loft converted living space.